Frequently Asked Questions
Jump to a question below
- How do I list with The Agency, Inc.?
- When can I expect a response from The Agency, Inc.?
- Do I need a professional headshot to attach to the application?
- Do you require a portfolio or composite (comp) card?
- Are you a school?
- Do you require prior experience or training?
- What types of models, actors, or others are you looking for and what kinds of bookings could I expect?
- Do you represent children?
- Do you accept everyone that sends a submission to The Agency, Inc.?
- When (time of week and day) are most bookings?
- Do you manage careers in New York or Los Angeles?
- Can you guarantee I will get a booking?
- I have more questions.
1. How do I list with The Agency, Inc.?
2. When can I expect a response from The Agency, Inc.?
It is important to us that you are seeking representation, so be assured that your application will be given proper attention.
All experience levels are encouraged to submit applications. Unfortunately, we are unable to contact every applicant regarding their status.
If we are interested in meeting with you, we will contact you via email within 5 business days.
If you do not hear from us, we most likely do not have room for you on our roster. You are welcome to re-submit in three months.
No phone call inquiries please.back to top »
3. Do I need a professional headshot to attach to the application?
No. We just need a simple, color snapshot or digital print that represents your current look. Please send only ONE photograph, which is non-returnable. Should you already have a professional headshot and resume of any type of performance experience, please include it with your application.back to top »
4. Do you require a portfolio or composite (comp) card?
Only a current industry-standard headshot (with multiple copies on file) will be needed in this market, but if you do list with us and have a portfolio or comp card we do want to keep it on file for special projects.back to top »
5. Are you a school?
No. We are a full service talent and casting agency. We do not sell classes or convention participation.back to top »
6. Do you require prior experience or training?
We represent all experience levels, even if you are just starting out.back to top »
7. What types of models, actors, or others are you looking for and what kinds of bookings could I expect?
We represent many different looks and ethnicities. We book “models” for fashion print, live and video-taped assignments, as well as fit model jobs; “actors” for television commercials, industrial/training films, feature films, live performance and print assignments; we also book “everyday people” (what some call lifestyle models) for television commercials, industrial/training films, feature films, and print assignments.back to top »
8. Do you represent children?
We represent and book all ages, and encourage children with the right personality and availability to list with The Agency, Inc. Children are not requested as frequently as adults and generally do not get bookings until the age of four or five.back to top »
9. Do you accept everyone that sends a submission to The Agency, Inc.?
We encourage people who we feel are right for this market. In your new talent interview we will discuss the variables that will be factors in asking you to sign with us.back to top »
10. When (time of week and day) are most bookings?
Nearly all bookings are for Monday through Friday during normal or extended business hours. Seldom do our clients book talent for evening or weekend projects.back to top »
11. Do you manage careers in New York or Los Angeles?
We are not managers. If you desire work in those markets you must relocate. We mostly book actors and models on local and regional projects.back to top »
12. Can you guarantee I will get a booking?
No. No talent or modeling agency can guarantee work. If one does, beware. Agents are a source of selections for client’s needs. The decision of which models or talent are booked for each assignment is totally up to the client.back to top »
13. I have more questions.
We regret that we cannot answer individual questions via email or telephone. We are not being impersonal, we are simply too busy booking current assignments to respond to every application personally. We are always interested in new talent and models, this is why we set aside time each month for a new talent interview.
The purpose of this interview is to give you specific information about how the business works as well as give us the opportunity to meet you in person. (These are group sessions with individual recommendations and/or evaluations). After our explanation of how the “business works,” you will be given the opportunity to ask any questions that have not been covered at that time.back to top »